This is the VISTA program
The VISTA program is a continuation of a more than 30-year long basic research collaboration between Equinor and The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters.
A cooperation between science and commerce
The VISTA program is:
- a basic research program
- supporting science that provides fundamental insight in:
- Basin analysis, efficient resource identification and utilization, and unlocking new resources
- Future development solutions
- Sustainability, environment and low carbon solutions
- supporting VISTA centers for interdisciplinary research on future energy solutions:
- NTNU VISTA CAROS – Centre for Autonomous Robotics Operations Subsea
- VISTA CSD – VISTA Center for Modeling of Coupled Subsurface Dynamics
- financed by Equinor
- executed by The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters
Since its inception in 1985 until 2020 the VISTA program granted more than 300 million NOK to young researchers and professorates.
Read more about this on The history of VISTA (link)
New direction from 2021
In 2021 the VISTA program was revamped into supporting basic research centres with a sustainable and low-carbon focus.
Two VISTA centers have been established to host scientists from both academia and relevant business partners:
- Center for Modeling of Coupled Subsurface Dynamics (CSD) is located in Bergen (UiB) (link)
- NTNU VISTA CAROS – Centre for Autonomous Robotics Operations Subsea is located in Trondheim (NTNU) (link)